Traveling!

Hi everyone! We finally made it to the beach and I love it! I had to travel in the car for two days and that was quite an adventure. We left Saturday morning at around 10:00 and I woke up in time to have lunch in Shreveport. Mommy gave me a bottle and a banana and I threw it all up about 20 miles south of Shreveport. We pulled over at a truck stop and I had to change clothes while Daddy cleaned out my car seat.

We had planned on staying in Lafayette, but the accommodations were not up to my standards. I think that I heard Daddy joking that our stuff would be gone if we stayed there so we drove on to Baton Rouge where we stayed at a nice Marriott. I went to bed late! 9:30!!

We woke up Sunday morning and hit the road again. Once in Mississippi, we drove along an alternate scenic highway. We pulled over near Gulfport where I stepped on a beach for the first time. We stopped for lunch at Felix's in Mobile, Alabama. Felix's is off the water near a big battleship called the USS Alabama. After a nice long lunch, we got back into the car and at this point, I was ready to be there!

Our last stop was Destin! We are now checked into our condo and I have had a wonderful time. I love watching the ocean waves and the birds. We walked to the beach store where I bought my first sand bucket and shovel, and I played in the sand today.
0 Responses